Americans don’t know Tony Judt. But they should. His untimely death was a great loss to, well, thinking.
I suffer from a motor neuron disorder, which constitutes progressive imprisonment without parole. First you lose the use of a digit or two; then a limb; then and almost inevitably, all four.
Girls! Girls! Girls!
In 1992 I was chairman of the History Department at New York University - where I was also the only unmarried straight male under sixty. A combustible blend: prominently displayed on the board outside my office was the location and phone number of the university’s Sexual Harassment Center.
I never knew Toni Avegael, but I am reminded of her whenever I am asked what it means to be Jewish.
- onewildlife likes this
- emmasupernova likes this
- 1-breath likes this
- flatteryoconnor likes this
- gangofone likes this
- the-msm likes this
- rachelfershleiser likes this
- thepenguinpress reblogged this from tetw
- tetw reblogged this from tetw and added:
- sergeygorshkov likes this
- an123 likes this
- schwegler likes this
- rhinehah likes this
- bigbunnimal likes this
- personainprogress likes this
- politicalprof reblogged this from tetw and added:
- This was featured in #Long Reads